Amanelle

Sunday, December 11, 2005

Michelle Attempts to Cook

Well, my attempts at cooking today weren't too bad, I was 2 of 3.

Tater Tot casserole came out wonderful as always. It's one of the few things that I've never screwed up. Mom requested that I make it for dinner tonight.


The sesame kale was quite another story. First of all, I wasn't aware that kale shrinks when you cook it. My Dad decided to inform me of that after I finished cooking it. There was only a tiny bit for everyone, but that was okay because it tasted like ass and no one wanted it. Dad was the only one that liked to so he ate the little bit that everyone had. He left with the recipe card because I will never be making it again.


The candied pecans were really good. The first pan was a little over done. The recipe said to cook for 45 minutes but I ended up cooking them for only 30 minutes. Jars of candied pecans are my Christmas presents to everyone. I bought a dozen plain mason jars and I think I am going to add a gold ribbon to make them look a little fancier.

I had planned on making a chicken and rice casserole to freeze and eat this week, but I'm too tired from all of the cooking, cleaning and present wrapping, maybe I'll make it tomorrow night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home